Family and Matrimonial
Our Family Department provides clients with constructive and practical advice on all aspects of Family & Matrimonial law.
The breakdown of a relationship can be an emotional and stressful time for everyone concerned. Therefore, it is vital to seek legal advice from lawyers who are not only experts in their field, but who are understanding and supportive.
Being a member of Resolution (formally Solicitors Family Law Association) we work to ensure that your matter is dealt with as cost-effectively as possible. We aim to achieve a swift and amicable resolution for all of our clients by working with all parties and ensuring excellent communication is maintained between them.
Our areas of specialism include: -
· Divorce and all financial matters arising from the breakdown of the marriage.
· Civil partnership disputes.
· Judicial separation.
· All children disputes arising from the breakdown of a relationship.
· Financial claims in respect of child maintenance, including top up orders.
· Pre and post nuptial agreements.
· Cohabitation agreements and separation agreements.
· Trust of Land claims in respect of property ownership disputes.
· Change of Name Deeds
Our matrimonial team is headed by Margaret Furniss, who is assisted by Lisa McKay.